- 3 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10 tbsp sweet potato, baked, flesh only
- 6 tbsp Selina Naturally® Organic Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic raisins
- ½ cup organic pecans, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine in a bowl and whisk together: organic rolled oats, whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Measure the following ingredients, keeping them separate: sweet potato, organic coconut oil, agave nectar, eggs, vanilla extract, organic raisins and organic pecans (optional).
- Mix sweet potato and coconut oil in a medium sized bowl with an electric mixer.
- When consistency appears similar to creamed butter, add agave nectar and mix again.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix with mixer. Pour in the flour-oat mix all at once, and mix with mixer or by hand until just combined.
- Scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet by the teaspoon or tablespoon, depending on your preference for large or small cookies.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes for large cookies, 10 to 15 minutes for smaller cookies.
- The cookies are done when the middles are firm.
These not-too-sweet oatmeal raisin cookies are a perfect afternoon snack for children, providing plenty of nourishment without any white sugar, made with organic ingredients. Testing with the neighborhood children revealed that these cookies were a big hit!
~ Makes 20 cookies.
Recipe created by Sabrina Marie Thomas.