Raw Organic Pecans (1 lb)
1 lb Raw Organic Pecan Halves
Grown in Arizona and certified organic by QAI
Pecans are as nutritious to eat as they are delicious. These delicate nuts are excellent sources of protein and contain energy-producing nutrients--carbohydrates. The fat found in pecans is mostly polyunsaturated and contains no cholesterol. Pecans add fiber to your diet and contain iron, calcium, vitamins A, B, and C, potassium, and phosphorous. Pecans also add flavor and a delightful crunchiness to a variety of foods. Adding ten pecan halves to your salads, toppings, vegetables, meat dishes, and desserts will add 65 nutritious calories to your diet. Grab a handful of organic, healthy nuts for a quick snack of protein and omega-6 fatty acids, or add organic pecans to your favorite recipes for a delicious flavor.
Although the pecan is related to the walnut and the nut kernel itself bears a distinct resemblance to the walnut, its flavor is much milder and sweeter and lacks the bitter bite characteristic of the walnut. Also differing from the walnut is the pecan's oilier composition, containing about 70% monounsaturated fat (oleic acid). The fat composition of pecans includes several oils (gama tocopherol, alpha tocopherol, and delta tocopherol) but mostly linoleic and oleic fatty acids which are monounsaturated fats. With its nearly 18% protein content, the pecan is listed on the USDA Food Guide Pyramid as part of the protein group as a healthful alternative for people on a plant-based diet.
- 90% of the fats in pecans are unsaturated (about 60% monounsaturated/30% polyunsaturated)
- A serving of pecans (30g) provides about 25 percent more oleic acid than a serving of olive oil (one tablespoon)
- Pecans are cholesterol free
- Pecans are sodium free
- Pecans are fiber-rich
- Pecans are a valuable plant protein source
- Pecans have more than 19 vitamins & minerals
- They are an excellent source of gamma tocopherol, an important type of vitamin E
- They contain concentrated amounts of natural plant sterols, touted for their cholesterol-lowering ability
- Pecans contain a variety of phytochemicals
- Pecan Nuts are recommended by the American Heart Association and U.S. Dietary Guidelines as a desirable source of heart-healthy unsaturated fat.
Certified organic by CCOF.
certified organic pecan halves
1 lb (16 oz)
6-12 months, in a cool, dry place;
to extend shelf life, refrigerate or freeze; expiration date stamped on each bag