Ratatouille and Rosemary Biscuits
INGREDIENTS (Ratatouille) ~
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 5 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 3 organic Summer squash or zucchini, chopped
- 1 jar organic peeled plum tomatoes with basil
- 1-2 cups French green beans
- 1 tbsp Selina Naturally® Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup organic button mushrooms sliced thick
- 1 tsp Organic Celery Seasoned Celtic Sea Salt®, or more to taste
- 1 tsp Organic Rosemary Seasoned Celtic Sea Salt®, or more to taste
- 2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup dry red table wine
STEPS (Ratatouille) ~
- In a large oven-safe pan, heat coconut oil on medium.
- Add onions & sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the Celery Celtic Sea Salt®, pepper, & chili flakes.
- Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic & lemon juice and allow to simmer up to 2 minutes until the garlic & onions brown slightly.
- Add red wine, then mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Next, add green beans, squash and tomatoes, stir and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° and position rack in center.
INGREDIENTS (Biscuits) ~
- 1 ⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ baking powder
- ½ tsp Rosemary Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces
- ½ tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 7 tbsp heavy cream
STEPS (Biscuits) ~
- In a food processor, combine the flour, baking powder, & Rosemary Celtic Sea Salt®. Pulse briefly to blend.
- Add butter, and lemon zest and pulse briefly to combine.
- Pour cream over mixture and pulse until crumbs are moist, about 8 pulses.
- Flour the counter and knead dough until formed.
- Flatten dough to 1" thick and cut into 7 squares.
- Store the dough in the refrigerator until ready to bake.