Heartwarming Butternut Squash Soup
- Serves 6
- 3 pounds butternut squash
- 10 ounces smoked bacon
- 2 cups roughly chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 6 cups Bonafide Provisions broth of your choice
- Applewood Smoked Celtic Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne or hot sauce of your choice
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Peel and cut squash into large pieces.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and cook it in a large saucepan for about 3 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes or until they become soft.
- Stir in the spices and cook over low heat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add diced potatoes. Stir and let it simmer for couple of minutes.
- Add squash, stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add broth, bring it to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the squash and potatoes are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning and add hot sauce to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and sprinkle with Applewood Smoked Celtic Sea Salt® and our Creole Spice Super Seasoning.
- Enjoy it!
~ Makes 6 servings
Recipe created by Joanna Stys