Flourless Chocolate Cake with Flower of the Ocean®
- ½ cup ghee* or butter, softened
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 1 large pinch Flower of the Ocean®
- Heat cream in a small saucepan and pour over all other ingredients.
- Mix until smooth, and then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Use 2 tbsp of softened butter to grease 6 (1/2 cup) ramekins.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp raw sugar into each ramekin and shake to coat bottom and sides of each evenly.
- Place the ramekins in a large baking dish and set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a simmer.
- Combine the cacao, ghee, and honey in a metal bowl, set over simmering water or in the top of a double boiler.
- Melt the ingredients together and stir to combine until smooth, about 5 minutes, set aside.
- Meanwhile combine the eggs, vanilla, and Flower of the Ocean® in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy and doubled in volume, for about 5-6 minutes.
- Fold the eggs into the chocolate mixture in 1/3 portions at time with a rubber spatula to keep the air bubbles from the eggs.
- Fold in until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins till half full.
- Place in preheated oven on the bottom shelf.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are starting to set.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then, using a butter knife, gently loosen the cakes from the edges of the ramekin.
- Invert each cake onto a plate and invert the cakes again so the top is upward.
- Cool to room temperature, then top with Ganache and allow to cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle tops of each cake with Flower of the Ocean® and then allow to set in a cool place.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight...or enjoy warm from the oven.
~ Makes about 6 small cakes.
Recipe created by Carla Delangre.