Wild Thing Quiche
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST ~
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cups brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive or coconut)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 1/2 cups washed and chopped dandelion greens, nettles, lambs quarter (or could use spinach)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy, rice, soy, almond)
- Prepare the crust: mix liquids together, then add the dry ingredients. Press into a 10 inch pie pan. Bake 5 minutes in a preheated 425°F oven.
- Lightly sauté the onion in oil and place in pre-baked pie shell. Add the grated cheese and the sautéed greens.
- In a blender whiz together the eggs, and milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the greens in the pie shell.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
~ Makes 6 servings.
Recipe created by Brigitte Mars from Colorado.