Wild Salmon Salad with Goat Cheese Medallions
Salmon & Goat Cheese:
- 1 package SeaBear® Wild Sockeye Salmon
- ½ pound fresh Spring salad
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 lime
- 2 - 5 oz logs soft fresh goat cheese, each cut into 4 round slices
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp organic ghee or Selina Naturally® Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Selina Naturally® Organic Roasted Almonds, coarsely ground
- ½ cup organic olive oil or try Vigoa Cuisine - Garlic & Herb Splash Olive Oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp white mustard
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seed oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh red onions
- 1 tbsp Nama Shoyu® (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- ½ tsp of our new Celtic Sea Salt® Gourmet Seaweed Seasoning!
- ½ tsp Flower of the Ocean® (Fleur De Sel) finishing sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat each goat cheese slice to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Whisk egg and water in small bowl.
- Place flour in another small bowl.
- Place almonds in shallow dish.
- Roll goat cheese slices in flour, then dip into egg mixture, then roll in almonds to coat, pressing gently to adhere.
- Place cheese in glass baking dish; drizzle lightly with butter.
- Sprinkle with Celtic Sea Salt® and pepper.
- Bake until almonds are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the salmon.
- Toss salad greens with dressing.
- Assemble greens with salmon, top with goat cheese medallion and enjoy!
Recipe created by Carla Delangre.