Vegan Creamy Potato Soup
- 6 potatoes diced (I prefer red or Yukon gold with the skins on)
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3-4 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews (soak at least one hour)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (Braggs)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large cooking pot sauté onion, celery and carrots with coconut oil on medium heat until onion becomes translucent.
- Add potatoes, 2 tablespoons of Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt® and enough water or vegetable stock to cover vegetables one inch above.
- Let simmer until potatoes are at desired tenderness.
- In a high speed blender combine soaked and drained cashews, arrowroot powder, pepper and 1 cup of water.
- Blend until creamy.
- Stir into soup mixture (if not creamy enough add more arrowroot or cashew cream or blend some of the soup mixture).
- Add apple cider vinegar, more salt, herbs or spices of choice to desired taste.
- Garnish with parsley, chives and toasted seeds last.
~ Makes 8 servings.
Recipe created by Janet Jolley from Utah.