Thai Noodle Salad with Chili-Lime Sea-Salted Peanuts
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt®
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 12 ounces thin rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cucumber, partially peeled and seeded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Heat oven to 200°F. Spread lime zest on baking pan; heat for about 15 minutes or until dried. Put zest, salt, red pepper flakes and the peanuts in a spice grinder. Pulse a few times to combine the ingredients.
- Cover rice noodles with boiling water; let soak for 10-15 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, Thai sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Drain the noodles; add them to the sauce and toss well. Slice cucumber in half lengthwise and cut into thin slices. Toss the cucumber, carrots, cilantro and mint with the noodles.
- Divide the noodles into 4 bowls. Sprinkle each bowl generously with the chili-lime sea-salted peanuts.
~ Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Suzanne Banfield from New Jersey.