Sesame Mushroom Nut Pate
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced white or cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sweet vidalia or Spanish onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 3 cold hard boiled eggs cut into chunks
- Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt® and Selina Naturally® Organic Black Peppercorns ground to taste
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt® Original Toasted Sesame Seed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion and garlic then sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until liquid evaporates and mixture is dry, be sure not to burn.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Transfer cooled sautéed mixture, walnuts, eggs to a food processor.
- Process with on-off pulses until combine and add the sesame seeds and salt and pepper to taste.
- Next add peanut butter and parsley and pulse until well combined but still chunky.
- Serve at room temperature with pita bread or Ocean Omega Flax Crackers.
- Drizzle with sesame oil to finish.
~ Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Lily Julow from Georgia