Saffron Orzo Salad
- 2 cups orzo (rice-looking pasta)
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/4 cup olive oil or A/N
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®
- Cook the orzo in the stock with the saffron as directed on the packet.
- Strain and add olive oil and let cool.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients and toss it all together, add salt and pepper to taste and let rest at room temperature for a while to let the flavors combine. This is an excellent summer side dish.
- Orzo can be substituted by quinoa, freekeh, wheat berries or any other whole grains.
~ Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Daniel Edlund.