Roasted Sea Bass with Fennel, Blood Oranges & Olives
- 7-8 tbsp Red Palm Oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced paper thin
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- Light Grey Celtic® Salt and Organic Peppercorns, to taste
- 6 sea bass or halibut fillets, each 7 oz
- 2 blood oranges, peeled, cut into ⅛" slices
- 1 cup green or black olives
- 6 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In large oval roasting pan over medium-high heat, warm 3 tbsp oil.
- Add fennel and garlic; cook stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine; boil 1 minute.
- Add orange juice and simmer 2 minutes.
- Season with Celtic Sea Salt® and pepper, remove from heat.
- Season fish with salt and pepper; place on fennel mixture.
- Drizzle fish with 3 tbsp oil.
- Place blood oranges, olives and bay leaves on and around fish.
- Roast until fish is opaque throughout...15-25 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Spoon some of the liquid over fish; drizzle with oil.
~ Makes 6-8 servings.
Recipe created by Carla Delangre.