Raspberry Hazelnut Bars
- 1 cup organic ghee
- ½ cup Selina Naturally® Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 ⅔ cup Xylitol or Lakanto®
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- Butter a 10" x 16" baking sheet.
- With a hand mixer, cream ghee and coconut oil.
- Add xylitol and whip until fluffy.
- Add eggs and continue to beat then add flour and chopped hazelnuts.
- Beat briefly, until flour is all combined and a thick dough forms.
- Use 2/3rds of the dough as a crust for the raspberry bars and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Over the top, spread the raspberry fruit spread.
- Finally, crumble the remaining dough over the top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until crust is lightly browned and fruit spread is bubbly.
- Allow to cool in pan, then slice.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes one 10" x 16" pan.
Raspberry fruit spread combines with crunchy hazelnuts to make a delicious dessert. To use ghee and coconut oil to bake with, first place in the refrigerator for 3 hours to cool.
Recipe created by Sabrina Marie Thomas.