- 3 ribs celery, chopped fine
- 2 medium carrots, chopped fine
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ¼ cups quinoa, rinsed in 5 changes of water
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter or ghee**
- 2 tbsp olive oil**
- Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Fine Ground sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a 5 quart Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat, sauté the celery, carrots, bell pepper, and onion in oil and butter until slightly softened, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add quinoa and continue to sauté until quinoa is just starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat, if needed, to prevent burning.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add stock and salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to very low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Stir in parsley and serve.
**2 tbsp of Selina Naturally® Organic Coconut Oil may be used in lieu of both the butter and olive oil.
Recipe created by customer Brian Hollabaugh.