- 4 cups of pumpkin
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of yellow curry powder
- Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt®
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of sage leaves
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- Cashew cream (see below)
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 cup of water
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Sauté olive oil, onion, garlic and curry powder in a pot.
- Mix in pumpkin, water and vegetable broth.
- Add a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sauté the sage leaves in olive oil until brown, set aside until cool.
- For the cashew cream: In a small bowl combine cashews and water. Set aside.
- Allow to soak for at least 1 hour.
- Mix water and cashews in a food processor, scrapping sides periodically until creamy Garnish soup with cashew cream, pumpkin seeds and crumble sage leaves.
~ Makes 6 servings.
Recipe created by Donna Haybarger from Florida.