- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Fine Ground Sea Salt
- ¼ + 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 stick butter or cold organic ghee
- ¾ cup whole cane sugar, Xylitol or Lakanto®
- ½ cup organic pumpkin seed butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, Celtic Sea Salt® and cocoa.
- Stir with a whisk to fluff and combine.
- In a second bowl, cream butter or ghee, then add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add pumpkin seed butter, beat again, then add egg.
- Pour dry ingredients into the butter mix and quickly combine.
- Spoon batter onto a cookie sheet using a teaspoon.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until centers of the cookies are firm.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool.
A delicious cookie that has a distinctive flavor adults and children will love. Although these cookies are higher in sugar content than the chewy oatmeal cookies, they also contain pumpkin seed butter which helps to slow down the sugar digestion process.
Recipe created by Sabrina Marie Thomas.