Open-Faced Applewood Pork Breakfast Sandwich
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Smoked Applewood Seasoned Celtic Sea Salt® Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic Celtic Sea Salt® Garlic Salt
- 4 (6-7 ounces each) center cut boneless pork chops
- 1 1/4 cups panko
- 2 sandwich thin rolls, split
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Flower of the Ocean®
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil leaves
- 1 Everything Bagel cut in half and toasted
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt blends and allow to rest for 10 minutes, then after breading allow to rest for another 10 minutes to soak in before cooking.
- Place flour in a pie plate. Stir egg and sour cream together in a separate pie plate.
- Dip pork chops in flour, turning to coat both sides. Place pork chops in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides. Then dredge in the panko crumbs.
- Place pork chops, 1-inch apart, in baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pork is done and panko is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brush each sandwich thin roll half with 1 teaspoon of mustard then place split side up on a baking sheet. Place on top rack of oven for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted. When pork is done, spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook two eggs at a time to desired doneness. To assemble, place a sandwich thin half on each serving plate then place a chop on each. Top each with an egg then sprinkle eggs lightly with Flower of the Ocean®. Divide red bell pepper and basil on eggs. For garnish, place a tomato slice half beside each sandwich. Sprinkle with Flower of the Ocean®. Add a basil sprig on each.
- Serve immediately.
~ Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Mary Shivers from Oklahoma.