Ocean Omega Flax Crackers
- 3/4-1 cup Selina Naturally® Organic Raw Golden Flax Seeds
- 1 1/2 cup spring water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt® Gourmet Seaweed Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Selina Naturally® Organic Peppercorns, about 8 twists of the grinder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil to coat dehydrator sheets
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Allow mixture to stand until most of the water is absorbed by the seeds, about 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Using the coconut oil coat two dehydrator sheets or baking sheet pans. If you have a silicone baking mat, it will help as well in this step.
- Once most of the water is absorbed by the seeds scoop the mixture onto the sheets and spread evenly about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle the Flower of the Ocean® on top (optional).
- Dehydrate until crisp at 150°F, or in the oven on the lowest possible setting, about 170°F. When mostly dry, the sheet of crackers will hold together, making it easy to turn over to finish the drying process. When fully dry and crispy, break into serving size chunks. If you would like to have neatly shaped crackers, cut halfway through the drying process.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with your favorite dip or the Crazy Easy Celtic Sea Salt® Guacamole
~ Makes 16, 3”x6” crackers.
Recipe created by Frederick Kennedy and Jana Bogs from Hawaii