Medea's Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 4 large ripe avocados, cut in small chunks
- 1/2 cup canned organic coconut milk concentrate (not low-fat)
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Organics CocoNectar Low-Glycemic Sweetener
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder (not coco powder, it’s not the same thing!)
- 2 tablespoons MCT oil (made from organic coconut oil but stays liquids under 70 degrees)
- 4 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®
- Add all ingredients, starting with the avocado chunks, to large blender jar.
- Cover tightly and blend on low for 1 min, stir, then on medium high until contents are uniform and creamy.
- Taste and adjust slightly if necessary – creamy and rich, not too sweet or too bitter!
- Transfer to a 32 ounce or larger container, cover and refrigerate. Before serving, spoon into chilled dessert dishes, add desired toppings or garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- For a delicious chocolatey treat to take to school or work, fill 4 oz plastic togo containers, ad desired toppings, cover, date and refrigerate. Don’t forget the spoon!
- This delicious superfood treat is good for 5 days refrigerated, but probably won’t last that long!
- Pour 1/4 cup of melted chocolate into each mini cup.
- Let the chocolate cups set in the refrigerator. When set, add a whole pecan on top of each one and a raspberry piece.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt on to each cup also.
~ Makes 28 ounces.
Recipe created by Medea Galligan from North Carolina.