- Organic, grass-fed chicken livers (soaked overnight in water with sea-salt, if desired)
- Grass-fed, pasture-raised corned beef
- Ghee (clarified butter)
- ¼ Onion, peeled and sliced
- Celtic Sea Salt®
- Organic Cayenne or Black Pepper
- Swiss Cheese
- Heat pan and add ghee.
- Caramelize the onion in the pan, adding a small amount of Celtic Sea Salt®.
- Season onions to taste with cayenne or black pepper.
- Push onions to one side of the pan and add the chicken livers.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Spread horseradish, if desired, onto a slice of bread before placing the cheese, onions, sauerkraut, and corned beef.
- Lightly shred the chicken livers and spread onto the second slice of bread to complete your sandwich.
~ Makes 1-2 sandwiches.
Recipe created by Carla Delangre.