Honey Celtic Sea Salt® Crispy Nuts
- 5 cups organic nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon Flower of the Ocean®, for soaking
- 1/4 cup raw honey, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Flower of the Ocean®, plus extra for sprinkling
- Optional: 2 drops of your favorite Young Living Essential Oil: cinnamon bark, orange, lime, ginger, rosemary, peppermint, black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, cover nuts with water and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Soak nuts at least 8 hours. If using cashews, soak in a separate bowl for no longer than 6 hours.
- Drain and rinse well. Let drain for about an hour.
- Spread on parchment-lined baking tray. Dehydrate in 150°F oven for at least 12 hours.
- In a large bowl, add remaining ingredients and combine. Add warm nuts and mix to coat thoroughly.
- Return nuts to tray and place in oven at 200°F to dry for another 2 hours, or until all of the moisture is gone and nuts have a crunch to them.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt to desired taste.
- Let cool for a few minutes and break apart before totally cooled.
- Air dry overnight before storing in an airtight container.
~ Makes 6 servings.
Recipe created by Susan Randall from Birmingham.