Gluten Free Lemon Chicken Piccata
- 2 split boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- Celtic Sea Salt® fine ground and Fresh cracked organic black pepper
- 1 large organic egg
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ tablespoon water
- 2 slices of gluten free bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoon Italian herb blend (oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, Celtic Sea Salt®, chili flakes)
- 2 tablespoons Selina Naturally® coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon organic grass fed butter (room temperature and divided)
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons), keep lemon halves for later use
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Fresh parsley sprigs and sliced lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper and pound them to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides with fine ground Celtic Sea Salt® and pepper.
- Mix the cassava flour, Celtic Sea Salt® and pepper in a shallow large bowl.
- In a second bowl beat the egg and water together.
- In a blender blend up the toast with the Italian herb blend into crumbs then place that blend into another large shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, then the egg, and last the bread crumbs.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium to medium-low heat.
- Add the chicken breasts once the pan is hot. Cook each side for 2 minutes until brown.
- Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5-10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- Wipe out the sauté pan you cooked the chicken in with a paper towel to remove crumbs so they don't add a burnt taste to your sauce.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine and reserved lemon halves, ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt® and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes.
- Off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine.
- Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate.
- Spoon on the sauce and serve with a lemon slice and parsley sprigs.
~ Makes 2 servings.
Recipe created by Carla Delangre.