Garlicky Asparagus Spears
- 2 lbs asparagus - tough ends snapped off (or peeled)
- 1 garlic clove(or to taste)-peeled and sliced
- 2 tbs Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1 bunch fresh dill (2 cups, packed), stems pounded
- 4 cups spring water filtered & non-chlorinated
- Soak asparagus for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Snap off fibrous ends, or use a vegetable peeler to remove.
- Review pages 6 and 7 of the Perfect Pickler Instruction Cookbook and complete the recipe.
If you want a more pronounced sour flavor
Add 3 to 4 tbsp cider vinegar after 4 day fermentation. Refrigerate, wait 24 hours and taste.
To above recipe add: 1 cup sliced onion, 1 large crushed bay leaf, 1 tsp. each mustard seed, celery seed, dill seed, cracked peppercorns, and 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes.
If you love asparagus steamed or grilled or roasted, you're going to love them pickled! If you are pickling for the holidays, you can arrange an artful display of white and green asparagus right inside the Perfect Pickler.