Flower of the Ocean® Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Flower of the Ocean®
- Add sugar to the bottom of a sauce pan to evenly coat. Heat on medium heat and stir until the sugar begins to melt.
- Continue to cook the sugar until it has an amber color and reaches 350°F.
- Add all the butter and whisk together.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk in the heavy cream until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the salt and whisk together.
- Let the sauce cool for about 10-15 minutes. Pour into a glass jar and allow to cool completely.
~ Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Jessica Rilling from Kentucky.