Fermented Celery Tonic
- 1 liter spring water
- 1/4 teaspoon Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- In a 1-quart (1-liter) jar add the filtered water and the 5 teaspoons of salt. Stir until dissolved.
- Add the celery to jar.
- Add additional filtered water until jar is completely filled to overflowing.
- Seal the jar and place in a bowl. Set in a temperature range between 65º to 75º F and out of direct sunlight.
- Loosen the jar cap once or twice daily for four days.*
- After four days, dilute the celery tonic with 4 more cups of filtered water to yield two quarts of tonic.
- Uses: enjoy as a smoothie booster, as a sport beverage, as a hot weather electrolytic booster, or sip and gargle while recovering from illness.
- *Optional, seal the jar with a fermenting kit like the Vegetable Fermenting Kit by Perfect Pickler®.
~ Makes 1 quart batch.
Recipe created by Bill Hettig from Florida.