Fermented Almond Hummus
- 1 cup soaked Selina Naturally® organic almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp Kefir Starter Culture
- Organic olive oil
- Celtic Sea Salt® to taste
- Soak your organic almonds in a covered glass jar or bowl overnight, then rinse and blend together with lemon juice and garlic.
- You may want to add a small amount of water to get a creamy consistency.
- Once blended, transfer to a sterile glass jar, add starter, seal tightly and let ferment at room temperature for about 12 hours.
- Add sea salt, olive oil, and stir and then set in the fridge to chill before serving.
- Serve with cut vegetables, lettuce wraps or raw or baked nut, seed or veggie crackers.
Fermented hummus has hit the grocery store shelves. But you can make one at home that is far healthier and that has the beneficial microflora that will make the nutrients more absorbable to you.
Recipe created by Donna Gates