Donna’s Raw Chocolate Mint Brownies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup Selina Naturally® Organic Raw Golden Flax Seeds, ground
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup Selina Naturally® Organic Almond Butter
- 1 pinch Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Selina Naturally® Pesticide-Free Chia Seeds
- 1 pinch of Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®
- Line a 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Place rolled oats in small bowl and cover with spring water. Let sit for 30 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Soak dates in hot water for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor add dates, walnuts, and ground Selina Naturally® Organic Raw Golden Flax Seeds until chopped up and mixed together. Then add salt, mint leaves, and cacao powder and pulse to combine.
- Place the date mixture in a large mixing bowl then add the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almond butter and mix the ingredients with your hands until fully combined.
- When fully combined place the dough into the prepared lined pan and press the dough out to flatten evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before cutting. Garnish with ice cream, chocolate chips and chocolate sauce.
- Instructions for chocolate sauce: cover Selina Naturally® Pesticide-Free Chia Seeds in a bowl with spring water and soak for 20 minutes then blend all the other ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add more maple syrup to taste if needed.
~ Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Donna Haybarger from Florida.