Cream of Coconut Curried Squash Soup
- 2 tbs olive oil, or try Vigoa Cuisine - Garlic & Herb Splash Olive Oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (garlic lovers, feel free to use more!)
- 1 tbs ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbs curry powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne or as desired for spice (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp Makai Pure® Deep Sea Salt
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger. Sautee until soft and fragrant (5-10 minutes).
- Add curry powder, cayenne, and salt, stirring until mixture is completely coated.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Mix in squash, lower heat, and simmer uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and lemon juice (I like to reserve 1 tbs coconut milk for garnish).
- Working in batches, puree soup in a blender or food processor until desired consistency in reached.
- Return to pot and reheat if necessary.
- Spoon soup into bowls.
- Add a little of the reserved coconut milk to each bowl using a fork to create fun and festive designs.
Recipe created by Dianna Williams.