- ½ cup ghee* or butter, melted
- 1 cup whole cane sugar, Xylitol or Lakanto®
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp Celtic Sea Salt® Brand salt
- 1 ½ cups grated or flaked coconut
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sifted coconut flour**
- Mix together butter/ghee, sugar/Xylitol/Lakanto, eggs, vanilla and Celtic Sea Salt®.
- Stir in coconut, chocolate chips, and coconut flour.
- Drop batter in spoon-size amounts 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14-15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet.
For Reduced Sugar Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Make Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies as directed but reduce sugar to ½ cup and add ¼ tsp powdered or liquid stevia.
*Ghee is wonderful to bake with but is semi-solid at room temperature.
**Coconut flour is dense, and does not move. Adjust liquid for recipes to suit taste and altitude.
~ Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe created by Carla Delangre.