Celtic Sea Salt® Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/2 cups water (warm to touch)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, previously melted and cooled
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour + more for the counter surface to knead
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt® for sprinkling
- Guinness and Cheddar Cheese Sauce for serving
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir with a spoon until fairly mixed, about 1 minute. Some clusters of yeast may remain. Add salt, sugar, and melted butter; stir until fairly combined. Slowly add 3 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time. Mix with a wooden spoon (or dough hook attached to stand mixer) until dough is thick. Add 3/4 cup more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. If it is still sticky, add up to 1/4 cup more. Poke the dough with your finger - if it bounces back, it is ready to knead.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for about 3 minutes and shape into a ball. Place in a large mixing bowl that has been lightly coated with non-stick spray. Cover and let the dough rest in a warm area for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, cut ball of dough into 6 sections at most . Roll the dough into six 20-inch long ropes. Cut the rope into 1.5-inch pieces to make bites.
- Boil 9 cups of water with the baking soda. Make sure it is rapidly boiling. Drop 8-10 pretzel bites into water and let sit for 20 seconds. Remove with a spatula and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure the bites aren't touching.
- Brush beaten egg over each pretzel bite. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake batches for 15 minutes each, or until golden brown.
- Pretzel bites remain fresh for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
~ Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Joanne Murray from Illinois.
My name is Joanne Murray, a resident of Orland Park, Illinois. I started using Celtic Sea Salt® in my recipes several years ago in pursuit of healthier ingredients. I love that it is pure and contains vital nutrients.
I do appreciate Celtic Sea Salt® enhances the recipes I make. Celtic Sea Salt® adds flavor most sublime therefore I use it all the time!