Carla's Wheat-Free Chocolate Cake
- 3 tbsp Selina Naturally® Organic Almond Butter
- ¼ cup whole cane sugar, Xylitol or Lakanto®
- 1 stick butter
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Fine Ground salt
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ramekins (5-6 oz)
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter ramekins and place in a shallow baking pan, spacing them evenly.
- In a food processor add almond butter and sugar and blend until a grainy texture, next add butter and pulse the mixture until smooth.
- Then add eggs, coconut flour and Celtic Sea Salt® and pulse until mixed thoroughly.
- Melt chocolate and sugar in a metal bowl set of a saucepan of barely simmering water or in top of a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to almond butter in processor and pulse, scraping down side of bowl occasionally until batter is combined.
- Divide batter among ramekins and bake 40-45 minutes until puffed and set (insert a wooden pick, looking for moist crumbs adhering when removed).
- Cool ramekins on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Run a small sharp knife around edge of ramekins to loosen cakes if necessary, then turn cakes out onto a rack, right side up, and cool completely.
- Cakes may fall slightly or crack.
~ Makes 8 small cakes.
Recipe created by Carla Delangre.