Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (Vegan, Paleo, Raw, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (preferably raw)
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 shallot
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed if you want to keep this raw)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®
- Heat oven to 200°F. Spread lime zest on baking pan; heat for Prep the cauliflower by chopping it into small florets. Place the florets in a food dehydrator and dehydrate for approximately 8 hours at 115°F. The florets should be somewhat softened, removing the apple-like crunch of the raw, unprocessed pieces. You will get the best results when arranging the florets so that they are not overlapping and form one flat layer. *Note: If you don’t have a food dehydrator, you can use your oven at the lowest setting and optionally with the door propped open. You may need to reduce the processing time with that method.
- For the sauce, toss the chopped red bell pepper (seeds removed) with half of the olive oil and dehydrate at 115°F for one hour or until softened. When done, combine the pepper with the remaining ingredients in a blender, blending until combined well but not completely smooth. Some rough texture adds to the boldness and interest of the finished sauce.
- Coat the cauliflower bites in the hot sauce and enjoy!
- Optional: for an extra spicy kick, dehydrate the sauce-covered cauliflower for another 2-3 hours at 115°F, or until sauce has started to dry and adhere to the cauliflower bites, and coat again!
~ Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by Amber Kubesch from New York.