Auntie Carol’s Carrot Cake
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE ~
- 2 cups organic flour or gluten free flour blend
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups finely grated organic raw carrots
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAMY FROSTING
- 4 ounces organic cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the coconut sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®, eggs, and oil by hand. Do not use mixer. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bake in a 9x13 inch baking pan for one hour at 350°F.
- For creamy frosting: using a mixer, mix until creamy smooth. Sprinkle some Flower of the Ocean® for a salty treat on top.
~ Makes 6 Servings.
Recipe created by Carol Connors from California.