Asparagus Mushroom Soup
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, chopped medium chunks
- 3 - 4 cups mushroom stock
- 4 - 5 cups water
- 2 - 3 cups button mushrooms remove stems and cut in half or quarters
- 1 - 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 red skinned potatoes leave skin on and cut into chunks no more than ¼ inch thick
- ½ bunch asparagus break off ends and break rest into bite size chunks
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Add Celtic Sea Salt® to taste through out cooking steps
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup red wine
- In a large soup pan turn on med to high heat.
- Add butter and ½ cup of water.
- Once this is simmering, add garlic, onion, and potatoes and allow to soften and brown a little.
- Cover the pot and add a little more water if it gets too dry too fast (you don’t want it to burn).
- Add the wine slowly so the potatoes absorb the wine.
- Add rest of the ingredients and use Celtic Sea Salt® Brand salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer with lid on for 20-25 minutes, until veggies are soft.
Serve immediately to enjoy the fresh bright colors of the dish.
~ Makes about 5-6 servings.
This dish is extremely tasty when accompanied with a lemon ginger Echinacea tea with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Recipe created by Carla Delangre.