Organic Whole Chia Seeds (1 lb)
A superfood with protein, omega-3, & fiber
For centuries the Indian tribes in the Southwest used this tiny seed as a staple food. Today, chia seeds show great promise in helping to provide nutritional balance to the 21st century diet. Chia seeds contain high amounts of omega-3 essential fatty acids. Also, chia is very high in soluble fiber. Add 1/3 cup of chia seed to 2 cups of water and let sit. Chia seeds will form a gel that is an excellent addition to salad dressings, dips, spreads, soups, etc.
This gel will slow carbohydrate digestion, thus providing you with steady energy.
- Fantastic fiber for digestion support
- Enhances the nutritional value of any food
- Solid support for weight control
- Helps control acid reflux
- High in protein, lipids, & antioxidants
- Slows glucose absorption, an essential for diabetics